Studying in Mauritius
Situated in the southwest of the Indian Ocean (approx. 2000 KM from the East Coast of Africa), Mauritius is an Independent, Democratic and Sovereign State. The island is categorized as an upper-middle income country with a diversified and innovation-driven economy resting on agro-industry.
We are a multicultural country comprised of Hindus, Muslims, Creoles, Chinese, Middle-Eastern and European inhabitants with a population of around 1.2 million. French is widely spoken and English is the official language.
Students study in English and have the opportunity to speak English and French on a daily basis.
ABS offers students the possibility to study for an internationally recognized degree awarded by a prestigious Malaysian University.
The outcome of this unique learning experience in Mauritius permits students to understand the stakes of International business in the Indian Ocean Rim, Asia and Africa, the Mauritian culture and improve their language skills.
- All foreign students require a visa to study in Mauritius. Application for Visa has to be made at least 8 weeks before departure.
- Please download the application form on the site: www.govmu.org and see the list of documents required.
- To facilitate the task of students, the International Office at Atlantis Business School takes charge of the processing of visas.
- The application form together with all relevant documents must be sent to the institution at least 8 weeks prior to the commencement of studies.
- Upon approval from the immigration office, the visa will be sent to the students.
- All full time students are entitled to free public transport from ABS to their residence.
Large strips of public beaches offer unbeatable relaxing possibilities.
Several attraction parks offer quad biking and karting through the countryside to the more adventurous nature lovers.
Mauritius is ideal for snorkeling, scuba diving and submarine activities.
Our International Office will assist you at any time.
Accommodation and Insurance
Foreign students enrolling for a course at ABS should cater for their own accommodation with the help of our International Office; and ABS will only provide support and assistance in this procedure.
All foreign students enrolling for a course at ABS should subscribe for an insurance coverage during their period of study at ABS and submit same as a pre-requirement for obtaining a seat on a programme at Atlantis Business School.